The minute warm weather hits here in New England I am all about grilling anything and everything. There isn’t a dish I haven’t contemplated throwing over some hot charcoal at least once. Although most people associate grilling with burgers and hot dogs, I truly believe that fish cooked over a grill is the best hands down. I also believe it doesn’t get NEARLY enough praise this time of year! Continue reading “Grilled Salmon with Veggies”
Upgrade your #tacotuesday or any day of the week for that matter with these insanely easy (and delicious) fish lettuce wraps. This refreshing dish is just as much fun to assemble as they are to eat! These wraps not only create a light main course but also double as a fun appetizer to share with family or friends. Continue reading “Fish Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Pepper Aioli”
Don’t get me wrong I love a good chicken piccata but have you ever had it with the most perfectly flaky and moist fish? If you haven’t then you’ve come to the right place! This dish is a match made in dinner heaven with flavors like tart lemon, savory garlic, and tangy capers. I love how fancy this meal feels without the fuss. I created this recipe using just a few simple ingredients and delicious Sizzlefish Atlantic cod. Continue reading “Lemon Piccata Cod”
Whatever I can do to eliminate the fuss of cooking/baking but still manage to have a healthy, delicious meal to serve is always my goal. I’m all about making the most out of my time spent in the kitchen since we only have so much to go around throughout the day. So what better than a breakfast that only requires enough time for me to pop it into the toaster, top, and eat!
These grain-free freezer waffles not only check every mark on a simple breakfast but they’re equally as delicious! These fluffy waffles use healthy, clean ingredients and are perfect with both sweet or savory toppings.
This recipe can become your new family favorite since you can have waffles any day of the week!
- This is my go-to mini waffle iron. It makes the perfect toaster-friendly size!
- I suggest using a fine ground almond flour like this as it will result in a better texture.
- If you don’t have avocado oil melted coconut will work as well.
Grain-free Freezer Waffles
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 8 small waffles
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: about 10-15 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 c avocado oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 c fine ground almond flour
- 1/2 c tapioca starch
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk the eggs, oil, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar together.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, baking soda, and sea salt and mix until well combined.
- Pour a small amount into the center of your pre-heated iron. Note: these waffles will expand quite a bit so a little batter goes a long way. Don’t fill all the way to the edges as it will end up overflowing.
- Cook as directed by your iron and remove the waffle once it’s golden. Repeat for remaining batter.
- Serve warm and/or allow the waffles to cool completely on a wire rack before bagging/wrapping and freezing.
- To serve: remove the waffle from the freezer and warm in a toaster or tastier oven. Top as desired and enjoy!