I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it’s almost Halloween. WHERE has this year gone?!
But with Halloween now right around the corner you can skip that store-bought candy this year which is filled with unnecessary amounts of sugar and things that don’t even sounds like real words. Instead, grab yourself the four simple ingredients below and make these easy and delicious little bite-sized treats perfect for the whole family!
These Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Cups are just as much fun to make as they are to eat. They’re stuffed with my favorite caramels from Sweet Apricity which are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, and non-GMO. They make the perfect easy filling paired with a creamy banana slice. I also opt for dairy- free dark chocolate since it has less/no sugar and is higher in antioxidants. Gotta sneak those added benefits where I can! 😉
Hope you enjoy this fun little healthy take on a sweet treat!
Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Banana CupsAuthor: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 12 mini chocolate cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Set time: 40 minutes
- 1 c dairy-free chocolate
- 12 pieces of Sweet Apricity Caramels
- 1 banana
- sea salt
- Line a mini muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- First, melt the chocolate either in a doubler broiler (preferred method) or in the microwave.
- Unwrap all of the caramels pieces.
- Slice the banana (you’ll want 12 half inch thick slices).
- Add about one teaspoon of the melted chocolate to the bottom of each paper liner (make sure it covers the bottom).
- Place the pan into the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- When ready, remove the pan from the freezer and top each bit of chocolate with a caramel, a banana slice, followed by another teaspoon or two of chocolate. You want to add enough that it covers the top and sides so add accordingly.
- Sprinkle the top of each with a pinch of sea salt.
- Place the pan back into the freezer to set for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Storing: chocolate cups will keep best in the freezer. Remove and let sit at room temp for a few minutes to get a nice soft center.