Honestly just a week ago if you asked me to make Greek yogurt at home I would have laughed at you and replied with, “Who has time for that?!”
Well, here we are…me, making my own Greek yogurt. You might wonder what made me change my mind? Simply put, it’s actually SO EASY! Almost too easy.
Using TopTherm Greek Yogurt Maker creates the purest Greek yogurt at home that is not only easy but delicious! The flavor is unmatched over store-bought, and I’ve eaten a lot of yogurt over the years. It’s creamy, slightly sweet, and without the tart taste. Not to mention, since it’s homemade, it’s as clean as it gets!
I love the fact that this easy recipe can be spruced up to whatever your tastebuds desire. I keep it simple by adding just a touch of raw honey and vanilla (recipe below). It makes the perfect healthy, family-friendly breakfast or snack!
Making your own yogurt is not only easy, delicious, and way healthier but it’s also so much cheaper…basically it’s a MUST add to your make list!
What will you top your first batch of fresh, creamy, and healthy Greek yogurt with?
Shop TopTherm Yogurt Maker and learn more about their products click here.
Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: about 5-6 cups
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total Cook/Activation time: approx. 14 1/2 hours
- 1/2 gallon organic milk (I used 2%)
- 1 packet TopTherm Starter Culture
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- TopTherm Greek Yogurt Maker
- Thermometer (comes with yogurt maker)
- Bring the milk to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool to 114.8F (46c).
- Add the starter culture and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the yogurt maker’s inner container. Cover and let it sit at room temperature for 6-9 hours (you will notice the mixture thicken as it rests).
- After the time is up uncover and stir.
- Pour the yogurt into the strainer basket and place back into the container, cover again and place in the fridge for 6 hours.
- Once chilled, remove the strainer basket and spoon the Greek yogurt into a sealable jar or container.
- Stir in the honey and vanilla.
- Enjoy immediately with your favorite toppings or cover and store in the fridge until ready to consume.
Storing: yogurt will keep for up to 2 weeks if properly stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
This post was sponsored by TopTherm USA.