Yay to soup season! I don’t think there’s a meal that I love more in the cooler months than a bowl of soup. It’s such a warming (and easy!) dish to make. I love using simple, hearty ingredients to create a meal fit for a spoon.
This deliciously creamy Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is the perfect combination of flavor and nutrition. This recipe calls for just 6 easy ingredients including Yondu Vegetable Umami, which is not only the flavor enhancer for this recipe but also is so versatile for cooking! I love using this seasoning for not only soup but roasted veggies, rice and pasta dishes. It’s the perfect all-around flavor must-have for your kitchen!
Now back to the soup, this recipe can easily be made for a quick dinner but doubles as a great lunch to make for the week. We love serving ours topped with some crunchy pumpkin seeds and crackers for crumbling over the top and dipping. Yum!
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 c low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Yondu Vegetable Umami
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with an oven-safe liner or parchment.
- Spread out the chopped squash and onion onto the pan and drizzle with oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until veggies are fork tender.
- When the veggies are done and slightly cooled place into a blender or food processor along with the veggie broth, coconut milk, and Yondu. Pulse until smooth (you can adjust the liquid if you prefer it to be a thicker/thinner consistency).
- Place the purée into a saucepan and heat over medium-low to warm through.
- Serve warm topped with pumpkin seeds and fresh herbs if desired.
Storing: soup will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge in an airtight container. You can also freeze for a longer shelf-life.