There’s no denying my love for anything pumpkin flavored. Give me a can pumpkin or some pumpkin spice and I’ll add it to everything and anything. So it was a no brainer my collection of recipes was lacking a pumpkin flavored protein bar.
This recipe combines all of those warm fall spices with a nutty and smooth texture to create my latest favorite protein-packed snack! This gluten-free and dairy-free protein bar is the perfect treat to satisfy those in between meal cravings. It’s made with just four simple, wholesome ingredients and requires no baking! It’s literally the easiest healthy snack ever!
This recipe will also save you some extra money rather than buying expensive store-bought protein bars- and bonus, you know EXACTLY what’s in them!
Who else will be adding this to their must-make fall recipe list?!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: about 7 bars
Prep time: 5 minutes
Set time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 c unflavored plant-based protein powder (I use Trader Joe’s Unflavored Pea Protein)
- 1/2 c fine ground almond flour
- 1/2 c creamy unsalted almond butter
- 1/2 c raw honey
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- Optional: dairy-free chocolate and pumpkin seeds for topping
- Line a pan (I used a loaf pan) with parchment paper letting the paper hang over the sides. This will make removing the bars easier.
- Add the protein powder, almond flour, almond butter, honey, and pumpkin spice to a mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press down to flatten.
- Place the pan into the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- When ready, remove the bars from the pan by lifting the edges of the parchment. Slice the bars into size of choice using a sharp knife.
- If topping the bars; melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop. Once smooth drizzle over the bars and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Place the bars back in the freezer for ten minutes to let the chocolate set.
Storing: bars will keep beat in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for a longer shelf life. If frozen allow to defrost a bit at room temp before enjoying