I will first start by saying that my husband actually thought I bought this fish the first time I made it…yeah, I know, I was a little bit insulted at first, but then took it as the best kind of compliment (coming from him LOL) as in he couldn’t believe how delicious it was and because apparently I don’t pan fry fish all that much!
This 3 Ingredient Fish is definitely one to be added to your easy, go-to dinners! I have been making this weekly (even a couple of times a week) cause it’s seriously THAT GOOD- ask my husband! Not only does it use only 3 simple ingredients to get that flaky, melt in your mouth, crunchy texture and flavor but it pairs so well with all of your favorite sides! I usually roast up some sweet potatoes and serve it with some sautéed summer veggies. Simple yet so delicious!
Your family will be begging to know where you purchased it (haha okay I’m probably never going to let him live that one done!) and when you tell them it’s from your kitchen they’ll be begging for seconds so make sure you make a double batch!
3 Ingredient Crispy Fish
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: about 10 minutes
- 3-4 cod filets, defrosted if frozen (can also sub for any other flaky white fish but may have to adjust cook time for thicker filets)
- 1 box Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers (I prefer using either the Rosemary or Sea Salt)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp avocado or other high heat oil for pan
- Rinse and pat the filets dry then set aside on a dish while you prep the pan and other ingredients.
- Preheat your skillet or fry pan over medium-low heat. Add the oil and swirl the pan to coat the bottom.
- While the pan heats up, add the crackers to a blender and pulse until you achieve flour-like consistency. Add the mixture to a shallow dish or bowl.
- Whisk the egg in a separate shallow dish or bowl.
- To prep the fish, first dip one of the filets into the egg and coat both sides, gently shake off any excess, then dip it into the cracker mixture, also coating both sides, place it back on the dish and repeat for the remaining filets.
- Place each filet into the warmed pan and cook about 4-6 minutes per side until golden brown and the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the filets from the pan and serve warm with your favorite sides.
Storing: This fish is truly best enjoyed the day of, but it will keep for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.