So many of you asked for me to share my easy potato salad but per usual I felt like getting a little creative. It’s just a thing…I can’t help it! So anyway, in the midst of prepping my usual salad I realized I was out of mayo (!) which is the base for my Summer Potato Salad so I had to work with what I had, which coincidentally, is pretty much the exact same thing I always stress on this blog- work with what you have! Ha!
So here we are, after some creativity working with the ingredients in my fridge and pantry I now have not one but TWO favorite potato salads. In fact, this one may be slightly better only cause it’s a little bit lighter of a version aka I can eat more of it before getting full. 😉
This recipe uses a creamy vegan yogurt-based dressing filled with fresh herbs which creates a low-fat and flavorful addition to this perfect summer side dish!
Hope all enjoy this one as much as we do!
Herbed Yogurt Potato Salad
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 4-6 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb of baby red potatoes
- 1/2 c plain unsweetened cashew yogurt
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Wash and slice potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the potatoes to a large pot with water, enough to cover, and bring to a boil on high. Cook for 10-12 minutes until fork tender.
- Once ready, remove the pan from the heat and drain the potatoes. Pour into a bowl and place it the fridge to cool the potatoes while you prep the dressing.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Once cool, pour the dressing over the potatoes and gently toss to coat.
- Place the potato salad in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Storing: salad will keep best for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container.