Salads are my go-to in the summer months. It’s just such an easy and refreshing meal to throw together! Being able to use fresh in-season fruits and veggies is also a bonus. Peaches are hands down my favorite summer fruit. They/re so versatile and work with both sweet and savory dishes; from pies and overnight oats to salads and grilled meat or fish. Basically they’re just amazing with everything!
Speaking of amazing, grilling peaches takes the already delicious fruit to a whole new level. The heat and smokiness brings out a sweetness like no other and I promise once you try it you may never eat a peach any other way again. Grilled peaches are also one of the easiest ways to dress up a basic summer salad. It adds tons of flavor and an equal amount of beauty to the perfect anytime meal. Which is also why I love this recipe so much!
This Grilled Peach Salad combines sweet peaches with herby arugula, creamy avocado, tangy blueberries, my favorite crunchy organic quinoa croutons from Carrington Farms (A MUST for any salad!), and a tart-sweet vinaigrette…it’s salad perfection in every single bite!
Try this easy vegan and gluten-free dish for lunch or dinner this week! It makes an easy meal on it’s own but also pairs perfectly with all your grilling favorites!
Grilled Peach Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 ripe peaches, pits removed and sliced vertically in thick sections
- avocado (or any high heat) oil
- 4 large handfuls of arugula
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced and seeds removed
- 1/2 c blueberries
- Carrington Farms Organic Quinoa Croutons
- Hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/2 olive oil
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Generously coat the peaches with avocado oil (to prevent sticking). Once your grill/pan is warm lay the peaches cut side down onto the grate. Cook for 3-5 minutes then flip to cook the opposite side for an additional 3 minutes (time may vary slightly so watch them- you don’t want them to overcook and become soggy, key is to just get a good sear and grill lines).
- Using tongs carefully remove the peaches from the heat and let them rest on a plate to cool slightly.
- Prep the vinaigrette by whisking all of the ingredients together and set aside.
- Assemble the salad by laying the arugula onto your serving dish(es). Top with sliced peaches, avocado, blueberries, croutons, and hemp hearts. Lastly, generously drizzle with the vinaigrette and enjoy!
Storing: this salad is best served fresh but you can store the components separately in airtight containers in the fridge and assemble once ready to serve.
Recipe Note: this recipe makes quite a bit of the vinaigrette which will last for up to 5 days in the fridge. So pour it over everything you can!
This post was sponsored by Carrington Farms