I don’t know if it’s that I’m home more or I’m just on top of my game right now but I’ve been busting out new recipes like a champ these past few weeks. With Spring here (FINALLY!) I couldn’t resist using some spring-like inspired ingredients. These Lemon Poppyseed Banana Muffins are everything my tastebuds need right now. If banana bread and lemon cake had a baby this would be it…They’re perfectly sweet with a hint of lemon, have the most decadent fluffy and moist texture with a tiny hint of crunch from the poppyseeds. Keep me home any day with a batch of these and I’ll be as happy as, well, a muffin eating mama.
These muffins also make a delicious and equally as easy breakfast or snack for the whole family. They’re made with only clean ingredients, are grain and dairy-free, and no refined sugars either!
Hope you all will whip up a batch and love them as much as my family does!
Lemon Poppyseed Banana Muffins
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20-25 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas (equaling 1 1/2 c)
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 c fine ground almond flour
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly spray or grease a 12 well muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas using a fork until most of the clumps are removed.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the almond flour, lemon juice and zest, baking soda, and sea salt and mix again until all of the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Fold in the poppyseeds.
- Pour the batter into each well of the pan filling 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack before removing the muffins.