While being home MUCH more lately I’ve been on a baking kick and I know I’m not alone. There’s just something about freshly baked cookies, muffins, and sweet treats that make everything better.
And nothing is better than sinking your teeth into a soft and chewy chocolate chunk oatmeal cookie, nothing. This easy one bowl cookie dough can be mixed up in minutes and requires no chill time prior to baking. So you can get perfectly decadent (healthy) cookies in 15 minutes!
Made with only wholesome ingredients like almond meal and oats and sweetened with a little honey and dairy-free chocolate these cookies are the perfect guilt-free treat you perk up your home time!
Recipe tips and swaps:
- Don’t have almond meal? No problem, just swap in almond flour instead.
- Fresh out of chocolate chips? Sub with crushed walnuts, dried cherries or raisins, or skip the add-in all together!
- Need a sweetener alternative? Omit the honey and use an equal amount of maple syrup.
- Allergic to eggs? Sub in one flax egg instead.
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 16 cookies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: about 10 minutes
- 1/4 c honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c almond meal (can sub with almond flour too)
- 1/4 c ground flax
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2-3/4 c dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the honey, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add in the oats, almond meal, ground flax, and baking soda. Mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon scoop out the dough and drop the dough ball onto the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Gently press on the top of each ball to slightly flatten each cookie.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until edges are just slightly golden.
- The cookies will be very soft when just out of the oven so allow them to cool before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Storing: cookies will keep for up to 5 days at room temp in an airtight container. You can also freeze for a longer shelf-life. Just remove and thaw in the fridge before enjoying.