I promised you this freezer cookie dough fudge and so here it is! This easy, vegan and gluten-free treat uses only simple, clean ingredients and requires little effort. I love stashing a batch of this in the freezer for when that “gimmie all things cookie dough” feeling arises and you just can’t imagine be patient enough for baking cookies.
This recipe is easily customizable to be made in whatever silicone mold you may have access to. I used three cavities of a silicone bar mold for these bites and just sliced them up once they were set. Any other similar mold will work- cupcake liners, candy molds, etc. the key is to use silicone so it makes removing the fudge easy!
Hope you guys enjoy this one!
Cookie Dough Freezer Fudge
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: about 9 pieces
Prep time: 5 minutes
Set time: 1 hour
- 1 c creamy cashew butter (if using salted omit the additional sea salt below)
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate broken into pieces of use mini chocolate chips + additional for drizzle (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine the cashew butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix well until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into your silicone mold of choice (I used 3 cavities of a silicone bar mold but silicone cupcake liners work, too!).
- Place the fudge in the freezer to harden.
- When ready slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Optional: to add the chocolate drizzle, melt a few tablespoons worth of the chocolate either in the microwave or in a double broiler on the stove top. Regardless of the method, stir frequently to prevent burning. Once melted, using a spoon carefully drizzle the chocolate over each piece. Place back in the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Store the fudge in the freezer and remove when ready to enjoy!