As much as I’m attached to my savory morning meals I’m also okay with dessert for breakfast…especially when it’s chia pudding topped with all of the things like fresh fruit and nut butter! This little bowl comes packed with all the good stuff like calcium, magnesium, iron, fiber, antioxidants, and protein so you can rest assured your sweet treat is really not just empty calories and an inevitable sugar crash.
It’s so easy to prep this pudding days in advance, too, for an easy breakfast or snack on the go. Plus, the topping options are endless so you can add whatever you have on hand! How easy is that?!
This is also a great snack for your little ones- Emerson LOVES it.
And if my delicious looking bowl wasn’t convincing enough see why chia seeds should be your go-to superfood:
Chia Seed Pudding
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Prep time: 5 minutes
Set time: 4 hour +
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk (can sub with any dairy-free kind)
- 1/2 c chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- toppings of your choice- fresh fruit, nut butter, low-sugar granola, etc.
- In a small sealable jar or container mix all of the ingredients except for the toppings together.
- Seal the jar or container and place in the fridge to thicken up for at least four hour (I usually make the night before so it’s ready for breakfast in the morning or as a mid morning snack).
- When ready to enjoy give a quick stir and portion some into a bowl, top with all of your favorites, and enjoy!
Storing: pudding will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.