These adorable little cups are like a pop-able PB&J and what’s better than that?! This grain-free and vegan treat is the perfect snack for the whole family and packs in lots of healthy plant-based protein in each bite.
The best part is all you need is a blender! Similar to my Grain-free Peanut Butter Muffins, all you have to do is toss everything in, blend, and pour into your muffin pan! It doesn’t get much easier than that! You can also check out some of my other easy vegan snack recipes below:
Cashew Butter and Raspberry Jam Cups
Author: The Happy Hungry Mama
Yields: 16 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 22-25 minutes
Cashew Butter Cups
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c creamy cashew butter (if using salted omit added sea salt below)
- 1/4 c banana (about 1/2 large)
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 c fresh raspberries, washed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly spray or line a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- In a high powered blender or food processor add all of the cup ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- Fill each muffin well 3/4 of the way to the top with the batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until cups are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once the cups are done and while still slightly warm, gently press you finger into the center of each to create a small well for the filling.
- Allow the cups to continue to cool before removing from the pan. (They will firm up a bit more once completely cool.)
- In the meantime while the cups are baking/ cooling you can prepare the chia jam by adding the berries to a small saucepan.
- Turn the heat to low and bring the berries to a low simmer. They will soften and begin to breakdown once ready, about 5 minutes.
- Mash with a fork and stir in both the chia seeds and lemon juice.
- Pour the jam into a sealable container and allow to thick in the fridge for at least a half hour before filling the cups (this step can also be done ahead).
- Once the cups have cooled and the jam is set, spoon a couple of teaspoons worth of the jam into each cup. Serve immediately or store in a sealable container in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Storing: if kept in the fridge these cups will keep for up to 5 days.