I love plant-based dishes and since I’ve been sticking to almost an entirely plant-based diet lately (except eggs) coming up with new, exciting dishes has not only satisfied all of my veggie cravings (yes I really do get those) but it’s actually made my creativity soar! It’s so much fun working with what feels like a new combination of ingredients I may have not put together before.
These black bean burgers are not only the easiest to whip up for a hearty lunch or dinner but they are packed with loads of nutritious ingredients from heart-healthy whole grains to protein and fiber rich beans. I promise you won’t even miss the ground beef or turkey!
This recipe can easily be doubled and makes an awesome meal prep for a filling lunch throughout the week, too. It’s perfect served over a bed of fresh, crunchy greens (my fav with avocado!) or sandwiched between your favorite gluten-free roll.
And don’t forget to share your creations of my recipes on Instagram using the #thehungryhappymama!
Black Bean Burgers
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 4 burgers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 13oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 1/4 c carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp low-sugar BBQ sauce
- 1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your skillet over medium heat with the oil and swirl around to coat the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mash the beans with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using your hands divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties.
- Gently lay onto the warm pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve burgers warm garnished with your favorite toppings in a roll or a top a salad.
Storing: burgers will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container in the fridge.