If you’ve made my meatloaf recipe and enjoyed it then you’re going to LOVE this one! It’s similar to my everyday recipe but with a seasonal twist. This is a perfect swap for a Thanksgiving Turkey if you’re not feeding a huge crowd and/or just want the holiday flavors without the time/mess on a weeknight. My homemade three ingredient cranberry sauce is the perfect topping that adds a balance of tartness but also makes this meal visually stunning!
And might I suggest these sides to go along with it:
Cranberry Turkey Meatloaf
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 6 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2lbs ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 c ground flaxmeal
- 1/2 c onion, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp rosemary, fresh or dried
- 1/2 tbsp oregano, fresh or dried
- 1/2 tbsp thyme, fresh or dried
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 c cranberry sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly spray a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients listed, except the cranberry sauce. Mix well until all of the ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spoon on the cranberry sauce and spread to cover the top.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until no longer pink in center and/or internal temp reaches 165F.
- When ready, remove the pan from the oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Note: Store any leftovers tightly sealed in the fridge for up to 3 days.