One of my favorite recipes on the blog has and always will be my Paleo Banana Bread. It’s not only easy but hands down the perfect texture and sweetness. However, as good as the bread is on it’s own who would I be if I didn’t test the waters with a trusted old favorite? And man oh man am I glad that I did!
My twist on the traditional loaf is any chocolate lover’s dream come true. This recipe offers so many delicious flavors and textures from creamy banana to nutty hazelnut to melted chocolate. It’s the perfect healthy treat without the guilt. This easy recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and uses no refined sugar!
Not only have I been so eager to share this one with all of you but I had to make sure it was up in time for the holidays! This bread will be perfect at your brunch or dessert table. I know it will be at mine! 🙂
My favorite loaf pan!
Chocolate Swirl Hazelnut Banana Bread
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 1 loaf
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 45 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas (equaling 1 1/2 c)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 c hazelnut flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1/2 c dairy-free chocolate
- 1/4 c hazelnuts, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly spray or grease a 9x5in. loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas using a fork until most of the clumps are removed.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the hazelnut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until all of the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Divide the batter and add half to a separate bowl. Mix the cacao powder into one half.
- Pour one half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan and then pour the other half on top and smooth out gently.
- Using a butter knife, swirl the batters together.
- Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf pan on a wire rack before removing the bread.
- Once the bread has cooled, melt the chocolate in either the microwave or over the stove top over low heat. Stir frequently if using the stove top method to avoid burning.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top then sprinkle on the crushed hazelnuts.
- Slice and serve!
Storing: store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days- although I doubt it will last that long! 🙂