I’ve always loved Halloween. It’s like the kick off to the holiday season which means family time, lots of cooking and baking, and celebrating! Although with that being said finding the time to do all the cooking and baking can be a struggle which is why my go-to’s are easy, clean recipes that take minimal time but still make the holidays extra sweet! 😉
This take on the classic 3 ingredient peanut butter cookie is just that…simple, fun to decorate, and can be customized to fit any holiday like mini mummy cookies for Halloween!
My favorite part of this recipe is the decadent chocolate ganache on the top. It’s the perfect amount of chocolate to compliment the chewy cookie underneath. It’s so easy to make and uses only two simple ingredients including my favorite no-sugar added, dairy-free coffee creamer!
Hope you all enjoy these little cookies as much as we do!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Ganache
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Yields: 16 Cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 c creamy unsalted peanut butter
- 3/4 c coconut brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 dairy-free creamer (I use this)
Optional for decorating
- Eyes, sprinkles, chocolate chips, nuts
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with an oven safe liner or parchment and set aside.
- Combine the cookie ingredients and mix until no clumps remain.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon scoop out the cookie dough and drop onto the prepared pan. Repeat for the remaining dough making sure to space out the cookies at least 2 inches.
- Lightly press your finger into the top of each cookie to create a well for the ganache.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool before decorating.
- To make the ganache add the chocolate chips to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the creamer and warm on low. Once gently simmering immediately remove from the heat and add to the chocolate chips (don’t let it boil!). Whisk to combine and to melt the chocolate.
- Using a spoon pour a small amount of the ganache into the well of each cookie. Add the eyes (optional).
- Add the remaining ganache to a piping bag with a fine tip or a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off to create a small opening. Carefully drizzle the ganache over the cookies.
Storing: cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperate for up 5 days. You can also freeze for a longer shelf life.