If you’re not eating apple crisp straight from the pan are you even really embracing Fall, like REALLY embracing it? Or you’re like me and just do wayyyy too many dishes in general to bother adding more to the already overflowing sink. So spoon straight to the pan it is!
Either way, whether it’s from the pan or a single-serve dish this Apple Crisp is my all time favorite this time of year. It’s a great way to use up those freshly picked apples you probably are wondering what to do with. So here you go! The easiest dessert made with tender cinnamon-y apples layered under a crumbly coconut sugar and oatmeal topping. This simple dish doesn’t require a lot of ingredients yet is bursting with flavor!
So grab a spoon and enjoy this delicious apple crisp- cause as they say an apple crisp a day keeps the doctor away- or something like that. 😉
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Makes: 1 crisp
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 40 minutes
- 5-6 medium to large apples
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/3 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick vegan butter (can sub regular if dairy isn’t an issue)
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Lightly spray a large baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Wash, peel, core and slice the apples into 1/4 inch slices and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the other filling ingredients and toss to coat the apples. Then add the apples to the pan and spread out evenly.
- In the same bowl combine the topping ingredients (except butter and mix to combine.
- Slice the butter into small cubes (to make mixing easier) and add to the bowl. Using your hands work the butter into the mixture until you achieve a crumbly consistency.
- Pour the topping over the apples and spread out to cover.
- Bake the crisp for 40 minutes, uncovered, until topping is golden and apples are bubbling.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Storing: apple crisp will keep beat in the fridge for up to 5 days.