I am seriously always and forever pumpkin EVERYTHING. Once Fall hits I’m instantly trying to make every kind of comfort dish possible and squeezing a little pumpkin into it. Truthfully, there’s really nothing I can’t pumpkin-ize. 😉
You know me I’m also always and forever about convenience and nutrition so nothing says THHM more than a big bowl of the creamiest vegan Tuscan Pumpkin Pasta. This dish comes together in 20 minutes (yes, only 20!) and makes the perfect, easy lunch or dinner for the busy week.
So put on your comfiest sweats, make a big bowl of my new favorite way to eat pasta and take your “comfort food” to a whole new level!
Tuscan Pumpkin Pasta
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 box gluten-free pasta
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 c canned tomato, strained
- 1/2 c reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 sea salt to taste
- Boil water and cook pasta as directed.
- In the meantime add all of the remaining ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. (If you prefer a thinner consistency you can add a few tablespoons of water to thin.)
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and rinse and add back to the pan.
- Pour the sauce into the pan along with the spinach and heat on low until sauce is warm.
- Serve warm topped with more fresh sage and enjoy!
Storing: pasta will last for up to 3 days in the fridge. You can also store the sauce separately and even freeze for a longer shelf life.