I am seriously always and forever pumpkin EVERYTHING. Once Fall hits I’m instantly trying to make every kind of comfort dish possible and squeezing a little pumpkin into it. Truthfully, there’s really nothing I can’t pumpkin-ize. 😉
You know me I’m also always and forever about convenience and nutrition so nothing says THHY more than a big bowl of the creamiest vegan Tuscan Pumpkin Pasta with wilted spinach and topped with pepitas for a little crunch. This dish comes together in 20 minutes (yes, only 20!) and makes the perfect, easy lunch or dinner for the busy week.
So put on your comfiest sweats, make a big bowl of my new favorite way to eat pasta and take your “comfort food” to a whole new level!
Tuscan Pumpkin Pasta
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 box gluten-free pasta
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 1 c fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 c reduced fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- sea salt to taste
- 3 large handfuls baby spinach
- Boil water and cook pasta as directed.
- In the meantime add all of the remaining ingredients (except the spinach) to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. (If you prefer a thinner consistency you can add a few tablespoons of water to thin.)
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and rinse and add back to the pan.
- Pour the sauce into the pan along with the spinach and heat on low until sauce is warm and spinach is wilted.
- Serve warm topped with pepitas and enjoy!
Storing: pasta will last for up to 3 days in the fridge. You can also store the sauce separately and even freeze for a longer shelf life.