It’s been a crazy week but, as promised, I had to squeeze in a couple of minutes getting this post up cause ice cream, obviously.
Honestly, the thought of making ice cream, to me, has always seemed so complicated, time consuming, and well just like a lot of work…
Basically, if you can turn on a blender you encompass all of the necessary “ice cream” making skills you’ll ever need.
Oh, and the skills to make my Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Protein Bites cause what’s a cookie dough ice cream without it?!
Not only does this easy and delicious dessert include cookie dough but these bites are packed with protein and there’s lots of healthy carbs and fats in the “ice cream” so you’ll get a nutritious and guilt-free treat perfect for summer!
Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Prep time: 1 day + 10 minutes
- 1 13.5oz can full fat coconut milk
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Protein Bites
- Place your can of coconut milk in the fridge upside down for 24 hours (this will separate the cream from the liquid).
- Peel and slice your bananas and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for 24 hours.
- When ready to make the ice cream add the coconut cream (the thick white portion) only*, frozen bananas, and vanilla extract to a high powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop the “ice cream” into a freezer safe container.
- Crumble the cookie dough into pieces and sprinkle over the top.
- Using a spatula, swirl in the crumbled pieces to evenly distribute.
- Serve immediately if you prefer a softer texture or place back into the freezer to harden a bit.
Storing: this recipe will last a couple of months in the freezer- although I doubt it will last that long!
* Don’t discard the liquid portion of your can of coconut milk! You can add this to smoothies for an extra boost of hydration!