There’s just something about roasted veggies that I can’t get enough of. Maybe it’s how easy they are, or how they’re both crunchy and tender, or how the the flavors pop, or maybe it’s just how comforting a dish of roasted veggies is. Whatever the reason I don’t think I can go a day without popping a pan of them into the oven.
The other awesome thing about roasting vegetables is it also creates the perfect platform for soups and stews. And what is better in these chilly winter months than a warm bowl of Roasted Veggie Soup?!
Nothing. Absolutely nothing…
This vegan and gluten-free recipe is both flavorful and nutritious as it combines roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower along with roasted edamame to top for added protein and a bit of a crunch. I love how quickly this dish comes together yet its texture and flavor taste like it’s been slow cooking for hours! It makes a great lunch or dinner and an easy meal prep idea, too!
Roasted Veggie Soup with Edamame
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Yields: about 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower, rinsed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 c brussel sprouts, washed and sliced in half
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 c low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 c shelled edamame
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet and set aside.
- Toss the prepped cauliflower and brussel sprouts in the oil, sea salt, and pepper then spread out onto the pan in a single layer.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 25 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Making sure to toss halfway through.
- When the vegetables are ready and slightly cooled place them in a blender along with the broth and pulse on high until smooth.
- Pour the soup into a pot and heat over medium-low, about 5 minutes. (If making this soup ahead of time you can wait to warm it until ready to serve- see storing instructions below).
- To prepare the edamame, toss them in the additional oil and sea salt then spread out onto the same sheet pan. Roast for 15 minutes until crispy.
- When ready to serve, pour the soup into serving bowls and top with the roasted edamame.
Storing: soup and edamame will last up to 4 days in tightly sealed containers in the fridge.