Here we are, I’ve (almost) made another successful trip around the sun. Wahoo! Originally I was thinking about doing a post on my birthday concentrating on being a year older, wiser, less wise (hopefully not the latter), etc., etc. but then I realized I would rather use this space to thank all of you.
I have definitely not spent as much time at The Happy Hungry Yogi as I would have liked to over this past year. You know, life just happens, but it’s still something that I’m so very passionate about. Basically, this blog is me, me all wrapped up in a bunch of pages of yummy food, thoughts and opinions. What better combo could you ask for!?
I’m grateful to be able to be me while creating something that encourages others to lead a healthier, happier lifestyle. If it weren’t for your uplifting remarks, continuous questions about fitness and health, or wonderful reviews on my recipes I wouldn’t feel as though what I set out to do a few years ago was purposeful in this great, wide world. And, because of how much positivity I receive on a daily basis I realize that it is. Each of you inspire me every day to continue to take my love for food and fitness to the next level. A level that I only once dreamed up in a tiny notebook scribbled with ideas. A level that, today, allows me to make a difference, even if ever so small. My purpose, simply, to teach a way, if you will, to be only the healthiest, happiest version of you.
Even though, truth be told, I work just as hard at it as everyone else I can proudly celebrate this week being another year older, another year definitely wiser and another year even stronger. Another year I’m grateful to live a life of purpose, passion and happiness.
So as a thank you from the bottom of my happy hungry heart I’m sharing these easy, healthy birthday cake protein bites! I love that these little bite-sized treats come together in only five minutes and use clean, minimal ingredients. They’re the perfect healthy snack for in between meals that will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Birthday Cake Protein Bites
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 15 bites
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2/3 c unflavored vegan protein
- 2 scoops of Furtherfood Collagen Peptides* (omit to make vegan)
- 2/3 c creamy almond butter
- 1/4 c raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of pink sea salt
- 2 tsp natural sprinkles
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients except the sprinkles and mix until you achieve a moldable batter. (Note: you can warm your almond butter/honey to make it softer for easier mixing.)
- Fold in the sprinkles.
- Scoop out the batter (a couple of tablespoons per bite) and place on a lined cookie sheet. I used a small cookie scoop for this step but you can also use a tablespoon.
- Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Enjoy immediately or pop the bites in the fridge to set for at least one hour if you prefer them a bit firmer.
Storing: I keep these bites in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, although they generally don’t last that long! You can also store in the freezer for a longer shelf life just take out and let thaw a bit before enjoying.
Nutrition: (per bite) 96 calories/6g fat/7g carbs/5g protein/5g sugar
* (use code THEAPPYHUNGRYYOGI10 for a discount on Furtherfood Collagen!)