I can’t remember the last time I ate a cinnamon roll. I CAN tell you the last time I craved one was about .5 seconds ago. Even while typing out the word I felt a little extra mouth watering action happen. The struggle is certainly real when trying to stay on track but wanting to also face plant into a giant pan of warm ooey-gooey cinnamon rolls. Mmmmm. So in typical Happy Hungry Yogi fashion I’m solving the urge to submerge my entire self in copious amounts of doughy-icing smothered goodness by snacking on this guilt-free, protein packed, vegan treat! These no-bake cookies take less than ten minutes to make and require only five simple ingredients.
No summer bod was ever created shoveling cinnamon rolls into your mouth…but THESE cookies on the other hand…
No Bake Cinnamon Roll Protein Cookies
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Makes: 9 cookies
Prep time: 5 minutes
Set time: 1 hour
- 1/2 c creamy cashew butter
- 2/3 c vanilla protein powder + 2 tbsp for icing
- 1 tbsp dairy-free milk + 3 tbsp for icing
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the cashew butter, 2/3 cup protein powder, 1 tablespoon of almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined. You should get a moldable play-dough like consistency, not sticky. You may need to adjust the liquid if it’s too dry as protein powders can vary. I suggest adding 1/2 tablespoon additional liquid at a time.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out one tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Place it on a sheet pan and press down lightly to flatten. Repeat for the remaining 8 cookies.
- Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, to make the icing, combine the remaining protein powder and almond milk and mix well (adjust liquid if needed).
- When the cookies are ready scoop the icing into either a piping bag or a plastic sandwich bag with the corner snipped off. Ice as desired.
- Place the cookies back into the freezer for at least another 30 minutes to set.
- Store in the freezer in a tightly sealed container until ready to enjoy.