I love when new recipes just come about. Don’t you? I whipped up these amazing waffles this morning and was praising the breakfast gods for being on my side. Not only did the ingredients mesh perfectly but they literally may be my new go to waffle recipe for the summer while I’m zucchin-ifying everything in my life. Ha! These gluten-free, protein packed waffles and can actually even be eaten without syrup in my opinion. As much as I love a good old blueberry waffle with syrup this savory combo was perfection! This recipe is pretty versatile, too, and would taste great with fruit, nuts or chocolate chips cooked right into the batter. I suggest making an extra big bath of these so you can enjoy a healthy and delicious breakfast all week long!
Zucchini Blender Waffles
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Serves: 2 (makes 4 medium sized waffles)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: about 15 minutes
- 1 c zucchini, sliced
- 1 5.3 oz container of plain yogurt (plant-based works too)
- 1 egg (can sub 1 flax egg*)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 c rolled oats
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional add-ins: dairy-free chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts, etc.)
- Preheat waffle iron on medium setting.
- In a high speed blender add the zucchini and pulse until finely grated. This will ensure a smoother batter.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except add-ins if using) and blend again to combine.
- Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into the center of your hot waffle iron, close lid and allow to cook until golden brown. Repeat this step for remaining batter.
- Serve waffles warm favorite toppings.