I’ve been cooking up a storm and I hate to admit that I’ve been failing miserably at photographing the recipes to post. I can’t quite decide if it’s that I’m too busy or too hungry… (I’m going to go with too hungry).
Well, I FINALLY took a few extra minutes to get this one posted because let me just say as a VERY minimal pork eater I absolutely did a happy dance around my kitchen when I tested this one out. It’s just simply…SO SO GOOD! Good enough that I couldn’t wait to share it with all of you. This dish is not only as delicious as a slow cooker meal gets but it’s even easier. I prepped this in the morning before heading out the door for work and by the time I came home, voilà dinner was ready! Had I tried to camoflauge my crockpot in the kitchen I may have even fooled my boyfriend into thinking I spent the whole day whipping this dish up.
So, coming from one busy busy (very hungry) bee to another I suggest you add this simple and healthy dish to your weeknight dinner plan to not only save yourself in kitchen time but impress your dinner guests as well!
Crockpot Parmesan Honey Pulled Pork
Author: The Happy Hungry Yogi
Yields: about 4-6 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours on low
- 1 3-4 lb boneless pork loin roast
- 2/3 c parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c honey
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (can sub tamari or soy sauce if not GF or paleo specific)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- sweet potatoes, depending on number of people serving plan one per person
- Lay the pork roast at the bottom of the crockpot.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When ready, roast should pull apart easily with a fork.
- Set crockpot to warm and allow to sit in juices until ready to serve.
- About 45-1 hour before serving wash and poke holes in the sweet potatoes. Bake in a 375F oven until fork tender.
- To serve slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise and stuff with the pulled pork
*Parmesan cheese is not considered paleo though acceptable for some in small quantities. You can omit this ingredient and sub in a nut based Parmesan in its place though the flavor may vary.
Storing: Pork will last up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.