I created this recipe on THHM’s two year anniversary. Now here we are nearing our six year anniversary and my mind. Is. Just. Blown. I can’t believe how far this once little dream of mine has come.
It’s humbling to see how many of you now come to this little corner of the internet to seek out healthy, family-friendly recipes as well as fitness and lifestyle inspiration. I can’t ever really put into words how truly happy that makes me.
Another thing that makes me happy which I CAN put into words are these pancakes. I mean pancakes of any kind have a little piece of my heart but THESE pancakes are just so extra.
This easy recipe is perfect for your weekend pancake making since they come together so quickly and easily. These gluten-free fluffy pancakes are made with quinoa flour which provides whole grains and protein making this recipe both heart-healthy and nutrient-packed. These are also easily customizable with your favorite add-ins from fruit to nuts to chocolate chips! What better kind of pancake is there?!
Cinnamon Quinoa Pancakes
Author: The Hungry Happy Mama
Makes: 12 pancakes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: about 15 minutes
- 1 3/4 c quinoa flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 c almond milk (or sub dairy-free of choice)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup of honey
- 1 tbsp ghee or butter + additional for cooking
- 1 tbsp apple
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Preheat your skillet over medium low heat. Melt the ghee to coat the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and milk until no clumps remain.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the pan. Flip pancakes when slightly golden on one side and allow other side to cook evenly. Transfer to a cooling rack once they’re cooked all the way through. Repeat this step until batter is gone.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Storing: keep leftovers in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate or freeze until ready to enjoy.