I was originally planning on posting a different recipe but I was at the mall over the weekend and happened to stumble upon this adorable little white dish in the shape of an avocado at Anthropologie. It had my name written all over it (not literally). Now, when it comes to cooking and food I think my favorite part other than the eating it is photographing it. I’ve never been too savvy with a camera (thankful for cell phones) but I make do with cute little dishes and creative backdrops. Growing up in an artistic family including some with exceptional photography skills makes me passionate for art and trying my best to capture my own masterpieces, in my case with food. I mean now a days a cell phone camera really can take a great picture with the right lighting and editing. So, here I am, cute little avocado dish, fresh avocados, tahini, lime and garbanzo beans. It was a no brainer that avocado hummus was necessary for this post. Now I have the perfect little snack or appetizer idea that I can’t wait to share with you…so here you go…and you can thank me later.
- 1 (15oz) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 2 medium ripe avocados, cored and peeled
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp tahini (check the label if you have an allergy to nuts as some are processed in nut facilities!)
- 3tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled
- 1/8tsp cumin
- sea salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves for topping, optional
- Red pepper flakes for topping, optional
- Combine chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice and garlic in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add cumin and avocados and continue to pulse until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Add to serving dish and top with cilantro and red pepper flakes. Serve with plantain chips, fresh veggies or homemade pita chips.